- 3 cups of organic shelled edamame
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of parsley, finely chopped (I used Cilantro)
- 2 large stalks of kale, finely chopped with spine removed
For the dressing you will need:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tbsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
Boil frozen shelled edmamame for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water. Place edmame into a medium size bowl, chop parsley (or cilantro), green onion, kale and avocado and add to edamame. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and mix well, add dressing to edmame bowl, mix and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
The Crispy Chicken and Lettuce Wraps recipe had me longing for spring, which will hopefully soon arrive, as this is the picture perfect portrait of a healthy and refreshing chicken salad. To be honest, I’ve always been a fan of lettuce wraps but never quite made it a point to make my own at home. The cool thing about this salad is that it can be made into a snack or transformed into a whole meal as it’s one of those dishes that can be easily created from leftovers and eaten for lunch or dinner.
To make the salad you will need:
- 1 small green apple, diced and unpeeled
- 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/4 Organic Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head of lettuce (4-5 leaves)
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for the lettuce and chill for 1 hour. Place the chicken mixture inside each lettuce leaf, roll into cylinders and serve, et voilà. A complete healthy meal in the blink of an eye!
To get your own copy of Get Naked In The Kitchen cookbook visit Amazon.ca.
Until next time Foodies!